Kimchi Fried Rice
2 Tbs Grapeseed oil
1 each Large Egg (optional)
1 clove Garlic, minced
¼ each Onion, small diced
2 cups Steamed White Rice
½ cups Biota Napa Kimchi
1 Tbs Kimchi Brine
1 Tbs Wooden Boat Nuoc Cham
1 Tbs Sesame Oil
½ tsp Black Pepper
1 each Scallion, cut on a bias
- Heat up a wok or frying pan with 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil and cook the egg sunny side up. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the same pan and sauté the onion and garlic until clear and aromatic. Add in the rice, let heat for 30s before adding in the kimchi and kimchi juice. Stir until combined. Add the remaining ingredients and stir constantly until hot. Bowl up and top with the egg.
Pro Tip: Fried rice is always better with day old rice. Put those leftovers to work!
3/4 Cup Biota Napa Kimchi, sliced
1/4 Cup Onions, sliced
2 each Green Onions, sliced
225 g Medium Firm Tofu, diced
4-6 each Dumplings* (Optional)
4 Cups Broth, Mushroom or Chicken (or Water)
2 tsp Oil
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Gochujang
1 Tbs Mirin
1/4 tsp Garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Korean Chili Flakes (optional)
- Put on a pot of steamed jasmine rice.
- Combine the Soy Sauce, Gochujang, Mirin, Garlic, Pepper, Salt and Korean Chili Flakes.
- In a medium sized pot heat Oil until it is hot.
- Add the Onions and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Now add the Kimchi, Green Onions, Tofu and Broth. *And Dumplings
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Finish with Soy Sauce mixture, season to taste and serve with rice.